What is a targeted email marketing campaign? Before going any further, let us talk about email marketing. Email marketing is not something new – it has been around forever. And for a very good reason. It’s the only direct way of connecting with your leads, nurturing them, and turning them into customers, consistently winning out over all other marketing channels. It is efficient and effective, which means – it works!
We’ll walk you through the entire process of fixing your email marketing funnel so that you’ll acquire leads and generate sales 24/7.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is an example of a highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and current customers. Effective marketing emails convert prospects into customers and switch one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans.
This guide is for those who are planning to start email marketing. If you do not know what to do or where to start, you should read our guide on why you should create an email list RIGHT NOW!
This is a comprehensive and detailed guide, so we’ve broken it down into different sections.
By using this definitive guide, you’ll know:
1. The way to build an email list filled with targeted customers.
2. The way to optimize your emails for the very best open rates and click-through rates (CTR).
3. The way to automate the method of nurturing your leads and turning prospects into customers.
Then let’s dive into the most comprehensive guide to email marketing on the whole internet.
The Importance of Email Marketing
We’ve covered the most critical question, what is email marketing, but haven’t gotten into why email marketing is vital for your business.
Despite the increase of social media and unsolicited spam email – it remains the foremost effective thanks to nurturing leads and boost in customer loyalty.
Here are the the top 3 reasons why you should place email marketing on top of your priorities:
1. Email is that the #1 channel. Did you recognize that a minimum of 99% of consumers checks their email daily? That can’t be said with other channels.
2. You own your list. On any social media platform, your account might be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, all of a sudden. However, you own your email list. No one can take those leads from you, that’s for sure.
3. Email converts better. Individuals that purchase products marketed through their emails spend 138% more than those who don’t receive these email offers. Email marketing has an ROI of 4400%. Imagine that? And if you’re wondering if social media converts better, think again: the typical order value of an email is a minimum of 3 times above that of social media.
Email is just the most straightforward way of making sales online.
How-To: Email Marketing
Wondering how to start with email marketing? Email marketing is formed from several moving pieces, but that doesn’t mean it’s complicated. Let us break it down:
You start with your list. Howling Brands has made it super easy to start out collecting leads directly, even without an email marketing service, with our Howling Leads integration.
With Howling Leads, you’ll begin building your email list and even begin reaching bent leads while keeping your leads stored safely inside your Howling Brands dashboard. Then, when you’re ready.
You add an email service provider. There are plenty of them out there. We do the guesswork and make it very easy to settle on the proper one for you and your goals.
After those two steps, it’s just a matter of refining your lists and messaging, so you’re reaching your audience and connecting with them. Plus, you’ll be ready to utilize some automation in your email service, which can make things much easier for you.
Ready to jump in? Let do it!
Growing Your Email List
Most people who want to create an email list place an opt-in form on their website and hope that people check-in. Sadly, this strategy usually doesn’t work.
To grow your email list, you would like to draw in people with a compelling offer. You would like a lead magnet.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet (i.e. free printables) is something awesome that you give out for free in exchange for an email address. It doesn’t need to cost you anything to create; most lead magnets are digital materials like PDFs, MP3 audio files, or videos that you can make yourself at minimal or no cost.
It can totally be anything you would like, as long as it provides value to your visitors and is free of charge.
Some popular lead magnet examples are:
• A cheat sheet of tips or resources
• White papers or case studies
• Free trials or samples
• Quote or consultation
The possibilities are endless!
What Makes a Real Lead Magnet?
You already know that a lead magnet must provide value and is free of charge. Take note that this can be used for a targeted email marketing campaign. But if you would like your lead magnet to be highly effective, here are five criteria for you to consider:
1. Easily consumed: Lead magnets are only effective when the audience uses them, so if you deliver a 300-page manifesto, you won’t gain traction.
2. Actionable: Lead magnets provide an actionable tool, skill set, or useful information that your audience can apply.
3. Creates noticeable improvement: People still buy products and services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become successful if it’s as valuable as the products and services you provide.
4. Relevant: If you’ve done your homework about your prospects, you will not have any trouble with a lead magnet subject that solves problems.
5. Immediately available: People love instant gratification, so provide it to them right then and there. People will love you more for it especially when this is used for a targeted email marketing campaign. Check out the 6 Essential Tips to Run a Successful Marketing Campaign at Howling Brands.